At Barth, Ballenger & Lewis, L.L.P., we help clients resolve their domestic problems and move on to the next chapter of their lives. From no-contest divorces to marital dissolutions that involve million-dollar business valuations, our compassionate but aggressive attorneys help clients make the right decisions during highly emotional times.
Dedicated and Family-Oriented South Carolina Divorce Attorneys at Your Side
Specific areas of our family law practice include:
- The end of a marriage is an emotionally charged time with complex legal problems that need resolution. Our family-oriented lawyers combine compassion with an ethical approach in preparing your case. Understanding the impact that divorce has on children, we focus on their best interests and keep them out of the middle of sometimes bitter disputes. We thoroughly prepare our clients’ cases for possible courtroom litigation, while continuing to aggressively negotiate on behalf of our clients.
- Custody and Visitation
- The best interests of the children are paramount when it comes to quality time spent with their parents. South Carolina courts require mediation in custody and other divorce-related matters involving children. At Barth, Ballenger & Lewis, L.L.P., we focus on a cooperative process to ease the transition to a post-divorce life for all members of a family.
- Child Support/Spousal Support
- Strict state statutes dictate child support amounts. Income, expenses and custody time are generally factored into a calculator. However, despite the calculations, the results are often in dispute due to one spouse hiding income from self-employment or business ownership. Our job is to get to the facts, even if that means enlisting the help of financial experts.
- Property Division
- From simple division of assets to negotiating the split of million-dollar businesses and estates, asset division can be contentious. Our job is to identify all assets, including those that are hidden and assist in valuing those assets, prior to the assets and debts being divided. We focus on protecting the rights and futures of our clients seeking security following the end of their marriage.
In addition to the above areas of practice, we also help clients with prenuptial agreements and paternity matters.
Call us today at 843-662-6301 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced Florence and Greater Pee Dee area family law attorney. Our law firm is located across the street from the Florence County Complex and two blocks from the federal courthouse.